My writer buddy Megan gave me the honor of the VIB. Purty no? My duties as VIB are as follows:
- Display the award on le blog.
- Link back to the person who nominated me.
- State 7 things about moi.
- Nominate 15 other bloggers for said award. (No pressure to pass the torch or fulfill the reqs. Just enjoy the praise!)
- Notify said bloggers of the award and such.
These blog awards are a nice virtual fist bump that someone out there finds what you write and post to the interwebz inspiring. Yay! All for spreading the love.
Seven Things About Me:
- I am currently transitioning to natural hair after having it chemically altered for more than half my life. What a change! Lots of work and brush up and info to catch up on, but I'm glad there's a lot available via the web.
- I am a complete 'fan girl' when I meet authors. I seize up and start gushing, my shoulders become earrings and I can't stop smiling. I think my voice even raises an octave or so.
- On the flip side when it comes to film/media celebs I just halt and stare like a weirdo. Cannot. Move. Weird.
- I'm an only child. There's a lot of stereotypes about only children. We're spoiled. We need attention, blah, blah, blah. Admittedly I was spoiled in a 'working class' way but I think that just made me appreciate things more now.
- My goal as a writer when I was a pre-adolescent/adolescent was to be the Black, female Stephen King. Not that that still isn't a cool goal but I just cannot hack the horror. Life is scary enough, right?
- I am an old lady and I just turned 32 last month! College students moved into my building, right above me, and they are loud! Not rowdy but just loud in terms of speaking. I like quiet and go to bed at like 10pm during the week. Talking to my friends my age they concur so I don't feel so bad. But damn, 10pm?
- I'm reading the Holy Bible. Reading it as text not so much as a religious reference per se. Besides I think it's about time I did to see what everyone's been talking about. It's like Avatar but HOLY. My grandma will be proud.
I won't be nominated 15 blogs because unfortunately I don't keep up as many as I'd like. But, I did want to post shout outs to writers I admire that I met via #nycmidnight. Super cool peeps if I do say so myself.
So I nominate Yvette and Kristen (no pressure ladies)! Both their blogs have a cool honesty I appreciate whether it be about writing or just life (or sports) in general. We've cheered each other on during NYCMidnight short story challenges which were a kick in the arse lemme tell you.
Thanks again, Megan, for the nomination!